To create a successful book cover, we need to understand your book and its market.
THE FIRST STEP. . .
We schedule a meeting between the author and designer to discuss the book and its intended audience and hear your thoughts on cover design. The discussion includes project timeline, and any ancillary materials or additional services you may need (e.g., poster, print ads, e-ads, postcards…)
Post-meeting you will receive a timeline of the project via email, a detailed listing of services to be provided and a projected cost break down.
- At the end of the design process, you will receive:
- Three designs for your cover.
- Once you select a cover, two revisions of that design are included in the flat fee.
- Book cover design files that are ready for print or e-book production.
- Digital file you can use for online marketing and promotion.
ACD Book Cover Design Fees
$1000 Design Fee for Print and/or E-book Cover Design
There may be additional fees for art purchased at author’s request (we typically work with type, free imagery or create our own artwork—for which there is NO additional art charge).
PayPal is the preferred method of payment, but personal checks are accepted with prior agreement. ½ payment is due at start of the job; balance is due at completion.
Please click on the button below to get started on a custom book cover. You may submit a payment for a project we’re currently working on, as well.
- You will have an initial meeting to discuss your book and design.
- You will receive a detailed timeline for the project and written price quote.
- You will receive 3 designs for your cover. Once you select a cover, two revisions of that design are included in the flat fee.
- You will receive a printed proof for a print book cover design or an electronic proof for an e-book cover design.
- You will receive book cover design files that are ready for print or e-book production.
- You will receive a file that can be used for Amazon and web promotion.
Not really. We charge $1000 for a cover design. That is for either a print cover design or e-book cover design. If you want both a print and e-book cover designed, or if you need related collateral materials (e.g., binder covers, print ads), talk to us, and we will give you a price.
Yes and no. It depends on what you want as your cover. We try to work with images and typefaces where there are no additional charges and we often create our own cover art (for which there would be no additional charge). If, however, you want something we are unable to create or have fee-free, there is a charge. In all cases, we would submit this additional fee to you for your approval before making the purchase. THERE ARE NO HIDDEN FEES.
Email is preferred after the first meeting. We’re in the Greater New York City area, so we work on Eastern Standard Time.
Ideally, we like a week to create the cover designs for you. Once you decide on a design we can have files to you in 24-48 hours. If you have a deadline you have to meet, we will do everything we can to work with you on it.
After the first conversation if we both agree to work together, you will receive a timeline, complete description of the job, and a listing of the fees. ½ of the fee is due to start the job. The other ½ is due when final files are delivered.